|MARLOW - MAIDENHEAD
- The name of the Association shall be the Marlow - Maidenhead Passenger’s Association.
- The aims of the Association are the retention, improvement and greater usage of the Maidenhead - Bourne End - Marlow
branch railway and the retention, improvement and greater usage of bus services in the Maidenhead, Bourne End, Marlow
and High Wycombe areas and such other transport aims as appear to the Association’s Committee from time to time
to be suitable for the Association to support.
- Membership shall be open to individuals and bodies on an annual basis subject to payment of such subscriptions as
the Association’s Committee may from time to time determine. The Association’s Committee may revoke the
membership of any member of the Association for reasons which it deems proper which shall be notified to the individual
- The Association shall be governed by a Committee which shall comprise a Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer and up to
ten other members who shall be elected annually at the Association’s Annual General Meeting. The Committee may
appoint, from within its ranks, any additional officers that may be deemed necessary. The Committee may also co-opt
members to serve only until the next Annual General Meeting.
- The Association shall hold an Annual General Meeting at least every calendar year and all members of the Association
shall be given at least 14 days notice by post or by e-mail to their last known addresses giving the agenda of such Annual General
Meeting. The Association’s Committee may call additional meetings of the Association from time to time as the
Committee may determine subject to notice to members as above described to be attended by a quorum of 20 members.
Alternatively ten members or more may call an Extraordinary Meeting of the Association, the purpose being notified in
writing to the Chairman.
- The Association’s Committee shall be empowered to disburse or lend Association funds in such manner as the
Committee may in its absolute discretion determine from time to time without the Committee or any member of the Association
being liable for any loss which may occur.
- Any amendments to this constitution shall be made only at a properly convened meeting of the Association. Any such
meeting of the Association may also determine to suspend or disband the Association and the disposition of the Association's
then funds subject to a two-thirds majority of those present.
- The Audited Accounts shall be submitted annually to all members as at 31st December and shall be circulated to members
with the notification of the Annual General Meeting.
- The accounts shall be audited by a qualified person who is not a member of the Association.
Adopted by the members of the Marlow - Maidenhead Passenger’s Association at the general meeting held on 1st April
Revisions to sections 4 and 5 (shown in yellow) approved by the members at the general meeting held on 25th March 2011.
Last updated 29th June, 2011